Thursday, June 21, 2012

Week of 06/21

Goldberg
The part I really enjoyed about Goldberg was on page 154, the whole first paragraph really stands out. He talks about people reading writing, even their own writing and how they don't comment on the quality. People don't know the quality of their work and how extraordinary it is. For me, it reminded me of the day we shared our fiction with our groups, and most people left really good comments on one of my pieces called What seemed like freedom. The comments were really genuine, (even you said it was a good story) barely any corrections. And it just made me think I never think my writing is good! Kind of like I write and then hide my face, kind of thing. Even as a little girl when I used to do far more writing, getting writing awards in elementary and middle and high school, I still always thought people were exaggerating. So it made me think, I need to give myself more credit and when I read other great writing do the same!

1 comment: